Discover the art of Dermaplaning in our comprehensive class led by Michele Phelan, a Dermaplaning expert and CIDESCO International educator. Join us to master the techniques and intricacies of this popular exfoliation method, ensuring a refined and skilled approach to enhancing skin health and radiance.
The following topics will be covered in this course.
- Review of skin physiology/anatomy
- Understanding the benefits and contraindications for dermaplaning
- Discussion of modalities and skin care products that can be used with Dermaplaning
- Safety and correct application
- After care
- Each participant will give and receive a dermaplaning treatment (If you are unable to receive dermaplaning, you are responsible for finding a model to take your place. Please contact Alexander’s Aesthetics with any questions.)
- Q/A session
The class price includes the following dermaplaning starter kit and certificate of completion:
- 1 Swann-Morton 100/pk #10R Dermaplane Blade
- 1 Swann-Morton #3 Stainless Steel Dermaplane Handle
- 1 Swann-Morton Dermaplane Removal Unit
- 1 BiON Nutrient Enriched Face & Body Oil 1.7oz
- 1 Martinni Hydra Balance Mask
Investment: $399; includes instructor demonstration, hands-on instruction, starter kit and lunch. Certificate of completion will be given at the end of the course, which is eligible for 5.0 CEs for NCEA members.
Registration Deadline: February 29, 2024
Instructor Bio: Michele Phelan has been a licensed, practicing esthetician for over thirty four years. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business. She has taught esthetics at every level including; State Board, clinical/medical and CIDESCO. Michele writes the core curriculum and teaches the Clinical esthetics portion of our innovative and highly advanced program. Michele is an International CIDESCO diplomat, CIDESCO educator and CIDESCO test examiner. She is a registered aromatherapist, one of the few registered here in the United States.
She writes on a variety of industry topics and her articles have been featured in such publications as Skin Inc., Dermascope, Les Nouvelles Esthétiques, Skin Deep and Aromatherapy Newsletter. She has been interviewed by CBS for her extensive knowledge of skin care. She has contributed writings to the “Outstanding Esthetics” book series both one and two, on facial lymphatic drainage and para medical esthetics. Michele owned an innovative and clinically integrative spa in San Francisco for over twenty years and still maintains a thriving skin care practice today. She is the Executive Director at Concepts Institute of Advanced Esthetics.
- Cancellations made 10 days or more in advance of the event date will be eligible for a 100% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 10 days before the event date will not be eligible for a refund unless the vacated spot in the class can be filled by another attendee. If the spot is successfully filled, a 100% refund will be issued; otherwise, no refund will be provided.
- We retain the right to cancel this class if the enrollment minimum is not met. In this case, a full refund will be promptly issued.